This is taken from the ESMO website.
ESMO presents a new ESMO Patient Guide in Cervical Cancer. It is part of our Patient Guide Series, based on the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines.
This new ESMO Patient Guide in Cervical Cancer offers essential new information compared to the previous edition:
- Information on HPV vaccination and the HPV DNA test
- Information on the increasing use of CT, MRI and PET in disease staging
- A section dedicated to the involvement of patients in decision making
- A section focusing on the treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN)
- Treatment algorithms (adapted to be accessible to patients) for each disease stage
- A section on fertility preservation
- A section on cervical cancer and pregnancy
- Information on new drugs (bevacizumab, pembrolizumab)
- A section on supplementary interventions – supportive, palliative, survivorship and end-of-life care
- Information on clinical trials, including immune checkpoint inhibitors
- Tables covering the important side effects of all systemic treatments
- A new section on the importance of exercise
- A new section dedicated to the long-term effects of treatment
The previous edition of this guide was translated into 10 languages through the kind support of national medical associations and patient advocacy organisations.
Translated versions will make it possible for even more patients to benefit from the updated and reliable information in this new guide.
This guide has been developed and reviewed by:
Representatives of the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO):
Nicoletta Colombo; Claire Bramley; Francesca Longo; Jean-Yves Douillard; and Svetlana Jezdic.
Representatives of the European Oncology Nursing Society (EONS):
Anita Margulies; Lise Bjerrum Thisted
Maria Holtet Rüsz